Sunday, February 27, 2011

Single for His Glory

Hello everyone!

For 7 years now, I have been contemplating the idea of being single to the glory of God.  And for reasons of insecurity and feeling unsupported I pushed the desire deep down, trying to force myself to want a life of marriage.  I began my journey at 20 years of age, searching for the right man, only to find all of the wrong ones!  In fact, I went from thinking I wanted to live to serve the Lord through singleness, to being extremely depressed because I was single.  Let me explain.  You see, I wasn't depressed for lack of a husband, I was depressed because somehow, I had allowed the enemy to make me think there was something wrong with me.  I began to think I couldn't accomplish my goals or my calling without a husband, that somehow, I wasn't good enough all by myself for God to love, someone out there still needed to complete me.  Boy was I wrong!!!!  I will spare you all of the messy details of my life, and say only what an old friend said to me just a few short years ago.  God doesn't create half whole people!

Here's where the good part comes in.  I have now made a strategic, conscience, and prayerful decision to remain single.  In fact, I have decided to marry Jesus!  I mean, who better of a husband to have?  And, He's already proposed!!!  So, here I am now, telling the world, I love my Jesus, and I want no other!!!  I'm going to use this blog to chronicle my relationship with Him from the start of the decision to have eyes only for Him.

My hope in this blog is to encourage both those who are single, and those who are married.  God loves you, right where you are!  When He gives you a dream, vision, calling, or desire, run with Him to it.  Don't let anything stand in your way.  In saying that, obviously this blog is being written about my life as a single woman, so I pray especially for the single women who read this.  I pray that you will see your life the way God sees it.  You can achieve all that He has given you to do, you are able in Him.  I pray you never put your life on hold in hopes for what could be.  Remember this, if You live with your eyes set solely on Jesus, all that you desire will come to pass.  You never need to make decisions based on the thought of "what if".  So, again, I pray that if you have made the decision to stay single, or if you are waiting for God to bring the right one along, that you will have eyes only for the Lord.  He will do the rest!

1 comment: